Al Aqsa Masjid will hold in-person Taraweeh this year, InshaAllah. Keeping in mind the health and safety of the Community members, the following protocols and rules will be in place
1. Taraweeh is open to men, women, and children over 12 years of age
2. Face masks, physical distancing, and personal prayer rugs will be required to attend the prayers
3. There will be no QR code scanning. However, one-time registration is still needed. Please find registration link above. If you have registered already, no need to register again.
4. We will have two Isha Jama’ah (and one Taraweeh) every night to accommodate the limited capacity
5. Due to limited capacity, we encourage community members who are able, to come to the ‘second half’ of Taraweeh. The second Isha Jama’ah will be held in Education room 45 minutes after the first one. You can join the Taraweeh immediately after
6. When we reach full capacity, you will have to wait for the ‘second half’ of Taraweeh. We will make arrangements in the parking lot for overflow if weather permits
7. There will be no communal Iftaar at the Masjid. Dates and water will be available for travelers, if any. Please do not send any food to the Masjid
We appreciate everyones cooperation and understanding for the safety and health of entire community.
1. Make wudu prior to coming to the Masjid
2. Bathrooms will be for emergencies use only
3. One-time Registration is required. For registration Click here
4. Bring your prayer mat
5. Take your temperature at home. If you’re sick or have a fever, STAY HOME
6. Wear a face mask
7. Keep a physical distance from others, minimum of 6 feet
8. No hugging or handshakes
With the grace of God, Al Aqsa Masjid opens its doors again for the Community. For your own and safety of the others, follow the posted signs. You must register (one-time only) to visit the Masjid. Please save your QR code after registration. For Registration Click here
Assalam-o-alaikum Wa Rahmatullaha Wa Barakatuhu,
Greetings of Peace!
Al Aqsa Masjid is conveniently located in southwest suburb of Plainfield, Illinois. We offer many services to community including:
Daily & Jumuah Salah
Nazirah classes for children
Come and support your masjid. We are religious, not-for-profit 501c(3) organization and your donations are tax deductable. Our tax ID number is 36-3499230. Please donate generously. Jazakum Allah Khair.
At the invitation of Holmstad Covenant Retirement Community, Al Aqsa Community Center will be giving a presentation about Islam to the community members and other guests. Presenters will be Dr Sabeel Ahmed and Imam Charles Muhammad. This educational program will take place on Thursday, March 18 in Batavia, IL.
On Saturday, March 20th at 6pm, Al Aqsa will be part of an Interfaith event with St. Edward and Christ Episcopal Church and the Joliet Jewish Congregation. The event will be about each religion prayers and theme is Prayers for a New Beginning. Shaykh Zaid Khan will give a presentation on Adhan, Salah, and a few Duas from the Quran and Hadith. The event will be on Zoom.
On Sunday, January 31st at 3pm, Al Aqsa Community Center and GainPeace is holding a virtual Open House to discuss how the Muslim-American community adapted its religious practices and services to the challenges of the pandemic and other trying events. Dr. Sabeel Ahmed, Shaykh Zaid Khan, and Imam Charles Muhammad will be sharing their reflections of this very difficult year. In addition, we will have speakers from other faith-based organizations. Topics include Prophetic ways to deal with challenges, commonalities among different faiths, attributes of community leaders, and how Muslim-Americans adapted and adjusted their services to respond to the pandemic.
Watch Live Webinar on our FB and YouTube page.
As part of Al-Aqsa Community Center’s new Service Learning Initiative, our youth are raising funds to put together and donate men’s and women’s socks and toiletry kits for the homeless who are served by the Daybreak Shelter in Joliet. Due to Covid-19 we are not accepting donated items. Instead, we request funds so that we can purchase new items and have our youth package them to be distributed to the shelter. Please donate generously. To donate Click here
As part of Service Learning Initiative, our Youth are raising funds to sponsor a drive-thru mobile food pantry on Wednesday, July 29th at Al Aqsa premises. The pantry will provide meal for 250 families who are food insecure and the cost is $1,200. Please donate generously. To donate Click here
Masjid has been re-opened partially for Salah and Jumuah prayer however all indoor programs remain cancelled. Please check Masjid bulletin board for Virtual programs offerings or outdoor activities
For elderly and needy, Aqsa Masjid is offering free delivery service for food and essentials. Call or text at (815) 782-0105
Alhamdulillah, Masjid’s new building construction has been completed. Move in date is Friday, February 9, inshaAllah. Praise to our Lord who enabled us to build His house. Many thanks to the community and supporters for undertaking this immense task to completion, Alhamdulillah.
1 Ramadan 1442
Tue, Apr 13 2021 07:40 am